More Bluegrass Music – related events
Music doesn’t only happen on
Tuesday Monday nights. Here are some other related events in the Central Kentucky area to feed your love of Bluegrass music!
- Appalachia in the Bluegrass – concert series at University of Kentucky Fine Arts Center, Niles Gallery, Fridays at noon in the fall. (Series hosted by Revell Carr, UK Fine Arts, series restarted Sept. 2017)
- Homer Ledford Concert Series – Leed’s Theatre, Winchester KY, Friday nights September to December
- Willie’s Locally Known has many bluegrass music events (now in its new location on Southland Drive as of Spring 2016)
- Red Barn Radio – most Wednesday nights
- Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour – Monday nights
- Kentucky Friends of Bluegrass Music – Meadowgreen in Clay City, KY: Most every Saturday October to April
- Friday Night Bluegrass at the Shepherdsville Music Barn
- Friday night live music at Windy Corner Market
- Saturday afternoon music at Half Price Books (either Tiverton or Hamburg, rotates) – usually the Blue Dog Trio
- Just a few local bands that usually post schedules:
- Festival lists etc:
- Festival of the Bluegrass June 8-11, 2017 and again in 2018! stay tuned for dates.